FUSE BOX

1986 Dodge Ram • 150,000 miles

Im not getting power to I think its the 1st fuse in the fuse box. The one for the radio ciggeret lighter ect. Is the horn & the engine tempreture gauge on that fuse they are not working either. Im getting power to the other ones just not that one. I have a 1986 Dodge ram van b250 318ci How doI fix it?
Elefty

I pulled the wiring diagram for the radio and no matter how many speakers you have it does not show the cigar rete lighter in the circuit. It does show that the radio power is used for some interior lighting. Sometimes our wiring diagrams are not complete as manufacturers do not release patented information making the diagram incomplete. The best advice I can give you is to pull the radio and first identify the speaker wires, then see what power wires you have. The radio may power other components that have failed to work in your van. In this case the radio needs replacement but it makes it tough because you will have to use unused power sources on the fuse block to power the failed components. You can look on the fuse block and with a test light see if there are hot male/female connectors. You can wire to them but you must use and in line fuse with the amperage of the component you are wiring to. I do not have that information. You should try an auto parts store and get a Chilton's manual. If you can't find one order it online as it has good wiring diagrams and has more information especially on older vehicles.

Elefty
I thought about doing that. I will also will look at my repair manuals again & one is Chilton. There are a few things that arent working but its 1 in the fuse box all others work. Thats why I thought they might be on the 1st fuse. Thank you for taking your time with my question.

Elefty
Your very welcome for the reply. That is what we are here for and I appreciate your kind words. It always is a good feeling to help people and that is what our team of techs strives to do. So, if you need anything else let me know. I can go to other techs for help, but they are busy and it may take some time. Hopefully we can get this figured out. I hope it goes will. If you pull the radio test each wire for 12 volts at the radio and see if it is putting out voltage. That would answer the question as well.
Take care.