TOYOTA PICKUP BACKFIRE PROBLEM

1985 Toyota Pickup • 108,365 miles

Toyota was running fine when purchases then was emptied of fuel and relocated the fuel tank ran new fuel filter and small portion of line. Afterward 2 weeks later I added some fuel to move the truck and it wouldn't start without starting fluid wouldn't idle and I couldn't keep it running the carb seemed pretty gommed up so I got a used one from a friend who put a sbc in his truck ran perfect for one day I started it let it idle for about 1 to 2 minutes shut it off and put up the truck next day I start it starts fine drive for maybe 2 minutes and notice it boggs when hammering the throttle and after another minute would no longer idle again before installing the new carb I emptied all fuel and partially cleaned the carb. Truck starts on a dime if you push the throttle but won't idle and backfires slightly and has poor throttle response any suggestions? I've blown out all fuel lines and it idled after that for about 40 to 45 seconds then back to no idle

You need to check the initial choke setting and fast idle cam adjustment-start here once this done then adjust the A/F mix and Curb idle speed-