REPLACING A ALTERNATOR

1985 Rolls Royce Silver Spirit

I am replacing alternator on a 1985 Rolls Royce, need wiring diagram or where to put the wires. A one wire GM alternator was tried by a mechanic but does not work. It has a (+) on the back is all.

Just purchased a repaired Rolls Alt. It has a + and - termenal on the back of the case and the side has a A & F term.

The wiring provided from the loom has two #10 or 8 wires that where tied together to the + post of the old GM Alt. There was also a #14 wire that was grounded to a bolt on the motor. The remaining two wires in the loom went to several sensors just below the alt. They look like thats their purpose. Please help if you can.
Ron
Ron in OKC

We don't have a schematic for that car available. Seeing thewires i'd rather personally check this then giving advice. I would imagine that the two large wires are hot and the smaller wire would be the exciter, but without checking the alternator I woldn't even say anything do to doing damege to alternator/or car itself.