HOW TO FIX TRANSMISSON

1985 Porsche 944

It shifts in to gear, but the car wont go. When you let off the clutch the car just shakes.
Chadm

I feel that the clutch has failed, this is a rather big job on a 944, I would get few quotes first.

Mhpautos
The clutch had been replaced. Drove it for a while and the transmission loosened up. I tightened it down and this is wha its doing now.

Chadm
I feel that the clutch is slipping, either the pressure plate is loose or it is faulty, if the clutch housing was loose that is not a great sign, how long ago was it installed? Any warranty?

Mhpautos
Really I dont know I am trying to fix for a friend he changed it hisself it has sat since then I went and looked at it and that is what it did looking for help on what I can do for him

Chadm
And when in gear u can still push it like in nuturl

Chadm
I do think that you will have to pull the clutch out again and do a full inspection.

Mhpautos
Is there any videos I might be able to see or place with like how tos on taking it out and back in

Chadm
There is nothing on Porsche, best to go get a work shop manual, there fairly cheap and this will give you all the info you need with pics and step by step instructions.

Mhpautos