REWIREING BLOWER MOTOR COIL

1985 Ford Mustang • V8 2WD Manual • 156,800 miles

How do u wire a factory 2 plug resistor coil into a aftermarket 1 plug coil
Steveo_420

This car has no ac as well

Steveo_420
You have 2 wires going to the + side of the coil. One directly from the ignition switch that is hos in "start" only. The other wires comes from the ignition switch in "run" position only and goes through the resister and then to the coil.

Wrenchtech
The problem is it has a 4 wire main connection and a 2 wire connection for the fan how can I wire the 2 fan wires into the main coil plug with 4 wires

Steveo_420
What do fans have to do with a coil? I have no idea what you are trying to do.

Wrenchtech
It has to do with the fact that the electric fan has 2 power wires attached to it that attach to heater coil or resistor for blower and the new resistors do not support the extra 2 wire plug from fan to resistor they just support the ignition wires and switch

Steveo_420
Then you simply have the wrong resister and you need to get the correct one.
The heater CORE is a metal housing that contains coolant. It has nothing electrical.

Wrenchtech
Yep already installed that I cannot find the proper resistor by motocraft anywhere and every place I bring my old one to has same problem not enough plugs on it

Steveo_420
I know this seams like me just being dumb but iv tried everything lol except re wiring my self but do not know how I will take pitchers for u guys to clarify and show u

Steveo_420
You can wish it will work forever. That isn't going to make the wrong part work. Unless you find the correct part, you have no blower.

Wrenchtech
What I'm guessing here is that you have auto temp control which uses a module and not a resister and you're trying to make a resister work in a system that doesn't use one.

Wrenchtech