USED CAR ADVICE

1985 BMW 735 • 12,000 miles

Please take a look at the autotrader listing for the 1985 bmw and tell me what you think its worth and whether or not its a good deal?

Looking for my first car, test drove this and liked it, but the engine is extremely loud and seemed to make the car vibrate too much?
Zjorrisch

A car this old is never a good deal, unless you are prepared to be spending more money on it for repairs which are not going to be cheap.

You read the listing right? It has a re-built engine and new transmission so the two biggest issues are taken care of. I can imagine that I will have maintenence issues but if it still drives I'm fine.

Zjorrisch
15 k miles and he had to rebuild and replace the transmission? They don't add up.

The choice is yours and not knowing the overall condition and history of vehicle, there is nothing much we can comment about.

1ST CAR.....ABANDON THE "CAR IDEA"

ESPECIALLY ONE EXPENSIVE TO MAINTAIN

WHAT YOU NEED IS SOMETHING DURABLE

SOMETHING THAT MIGHT BE ABLE TO SURVIVE A HIT AND KEEP ON A GOIN'

NORMALLY, THE 1ST ONE HAS A HIGH MORTALITY RATE...MEANING, IT'S JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE IT GETS WRECKED......AND YOU GAIN SOME "REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE" AVOIDING THE SAME FAST FATE FOR CAR #2

....WITH 50% OF THE PEOPLE ON THE ROAD, WITH THEIR HEAD CANTED DOWNWARD AND PLAYING WITH THEIR PORTABLE TELETYPE MACHINE....AN OFFENSIVE VEHICLE IS NEEDED TO SURVIVE

I AM LIGHTLY SUGGESTING A TRUCK AND HEAVILY RECOMMENDING A JEEP

BOTH GIVE YOU AN ADVANTAGE OF SEEING OVER THE LITTLE DINKY CARS AHEAD OF YOU....BOTH ARE EZ TO GET IN AND OUT OF......NO EARLY ON CHILDHOOD OSTEOARTHRITIS BROUGHT ON FROM "WHAT I CALL" GETTING IN AND OUT OF THESE "BATHTUB" TYPE CARS

A 1977 CJ 5 WAS MY 1ST (IN 1981)----HAD 5 MORE CJ 5s IN-BETWEEN----NOW OWN ANOTHER '77 CJ 5 AND ALSO A '46 WILLYS (HAVE HAD THESE LAST TWO SINCE THE EARLY '90s) THEY LAST LONGER AS YOUR AGE INCREASES!

REGARDLESS OF THE ONE YOU CHOOSE, 4 WHEEL DRIVE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED AS A SURVIVAL TOOL. THE ABILITY TO "SORTA GO WHERE I WANT" HAS GOTTEN ME OUT OF MANY TIGHT SPOTS, WHEREAS "CARS" HAD TO SIT, ENDURE, AND WAIT FOR WHATEVER WAS IN FRONT OF THEM ON THE ROADWAY. MANY TIMES WHEN EVERYONE ELSE WAS "TRAPPED" ON THE INTERSTATE WITH MILES AND MILES OF TRAFFIC AHEAD OF THEM, DUE TO AN ACCIDENT, I WAS ABLE TO CROSS THE MEDIAN AND SCOOT BACK DOWN THE OTHER WAY TO THE NEXT EXIT AND REROUTE MY TRIP. THAT'S JUST ONE "SURVIVAL USE" OF MANY.

SEE MY LINK AND THE PICS AND LINKS CONTAINED WITHIN IT

https://http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2001-ford-f-150-grinding-noise-upon-light-braking&sa=U&ei=EzNoUM6CMon20gGn0ID4CA&ved=0CAcQFjAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNFQdXsRbrtFoMYS0gV6uhnyEG8VFw

.....I CAN KEEP GOING WITH MY PERSUADING......DO YOU WANT MORE???? I CAN CONTINUE SUPPORTING MY END OF THIS DISCUSSION WITH MORE LINKS AND MORE PICS!

READY TO CROSS OVER?

SEE WHAT YOU ARE MISSIN'?

MY DAUGHTER WAS "FULLY" 4 WHEEL CAPABLE BY AGE 10--SEEN IN THIS "GLAMOUR SHOT" HAND CRANKING "WILLY" WHEN SHE WAS 10...THE HOOD I.D. NUMBERS ARE HER BIRTH DATE.

THIS IS HER (SHE IS NOW 23), CHRISTMAS 2010, WITH MY GRANDSON (3), HOME ON VISIT FROM WAY FAR AWAY.....SHE HAD TO TAKE HER OLE RELIABLE PAL, "WILLY", FOR A SPIN....."WILLY" IS 64 YEARS YOUNG IN 2010