AMC EAGLE DISTRIBUTOR PROBLEM

1985 AMC Eagle • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 154,000 miles

I have an '85 AMC Eagle and I need to find the number 1 valve so that I can install a new distributor the right way. How do I find out which is the number 1 valve? Thank you
GreatBear420

The valves are on cylinder no.1 -see pic below-you have to put the no.1 piston on its ompression stroke/TDC -both valves are closed and vibration damper on 0/TDC at timing scale-when you install the distributor make sure rotor is pointing to no.1 cap tower

Ras,

In the above pic, what is "20" and "24" scale, beside the distributor?

Also Just Got a Mike Message, Is this out of the "Mitchell 1" Manual he referred to. He made it sound like I could access it too. How do I get to it?

You can send me a message if you like. Ain't heard from you in a while anyway.

GreatBear420, Did you get that puppy in?

We like "Happily Ever After Stories!"

The Medic

I got the new distributor in based on thet info but she still won't fire. Its as if she's not even close.

GreatBear420
We cannot link anymore

But we can throw out the "INFO"---You'll see what should be links, you can Copy and paste them onto new tabs and see the Places I want you to go.

I have just helped 2 other CJ Jeep people with their Jeeps....One just snatched his distributor out with no references....the other did it the simple EZ way.

There is a lot of other Possible "NO START" Checks in their posts

Their posts are really long (probably get real bored lookin' at them), but it will keep me from Hunting and Pecking to you forever, and you will see the extent I do go, to help with something I know really well!

Both of them have a 304, but I reference my 258 to them a lot, procedures are the same-they just have 2 more spark plugs!

I HAVE NO CLUE WHY YOU DID NOT COME BACK TO RASMATAZ FOR ADDITIONAL HELP....HE IS REALLY GOOD!

I AM "IN TUNE" WITH CJs, I GO WAY OVERBOARD IN ASSISTING THEM, AS I WAS ONCE IN THEIR SHOES.....I had to self learn, it wasn't EZ like using the computer back then. You had to take it all in, then read the repair manual and "Delete the bull crap" that you got on the "street"....Finally the Repair Manual explanations would make sense!

LAST NIGHT I GOT BORED WAITING FOR SOMETHING I COULD ANSWER TO COME THRU--NONE DID!

SO I SEARCHED FOR SOMETHING WITH A 258 ENGINE IN THE OTHER FORUMS--I SAW YOUR POST...WANTED TO KNOW INFO ABOUT THE DIAGRAM "RAS" SENT YOU

I AM SENDING YOU SEVERAL JEEP LINKS (YOU PASTE IN) TO INVESTIGATE AS TO YOUR SITUATION.....I HAVE LOTS OF 258 PICS (MY FAVORITE ENGINE)....I WILL ASSIST YOU ALL I CAN....>>>>>>>>>IF YOU WILL JUST COME BACK AND ASK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO LET US KNOW WHATS GOING ON!!!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1980-jeep-cj7-v8-wont-start

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1980-jeep-cj7-timingtuning-problem-with-a

THE 2 ABOVE, ARE THE SAME FELLERI FOUND THE FELLER BELOW, SORTA LOST, HIS POST WAS OVER IN THE CHEROKEE SECTION, SOMEHOW HIS "ENTRANCE INFO" GOT MESSED UP WHEN HE SUBMITTED HIS QUESTION

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1984-jeep-cherokee-cj7

LET US KNOW YOUR DEAL--THATS SORTA OUR SATISFACTION, SEEING YOU SMILE, AS YOU DRIVE AWAY!