22R

1984 Toyota Pickup • 4 cylinder 4WD Manual • 199 miles

I have a 22r engine in my toyota pickup 1984 and I just did the oil pump seal, timing chain drivers side guide, timing chain cover seal, water pump seal, valve cover seal, crank shaft seal(front main), belts and adjusted valves.I put it all back together and it has a dead spot for lack of a Better term. And won't start.I didn't touch the timing chain at all what could have happened? Again this is a 1984 Toyota pickup with a 22r engine.
Sierrahunter

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

If the valve and ignition timing is correct -either you have a fuel or spark problem-Do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems
with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing
belt/chain.