84 WONT START

1984 Pontiac Trans Am

I have a 1984 pontiac trans am 15th anniversary edition. It has ran beautifully for a while, until it died on my dad while on his way to work and now the car wont start or even turn-over for that matter(absolutely no noise when I turn the key) and it has a brand new battery so I'm wondering what is wrong?
OhYah84

Do dash engine lights come on when turning key?

Fixitmr
Nope absolutely nothing.

OhYah84
Just to add to this one sounds like the alternator might have failed. Do you have a multimeter to see if the battery went dead?

Start checking battery connections and fusible links on starter.

Fixitmr
We got a new battery maybe a month or a couple weeks before this happened its brand new, we even tried to jump the car and it wouldn't start

OhYah84
I have the same car, same exact problem happened to me yesterday. Driving down the road it was like I shut off the car. Lost all power to everything except cigarette lighter and the gauge lites. I cant even get theto hazzards to work. I also replaced battery a few weeks ago. My first guess is the fused lnks to the starter but I have not had time to check it out.

Shane84ta
Fuse links where indeed broken. Charred actually. We spliced and replaced them however that apparently didn't seem to do the trick. Hoping you found something else. (Alternator is 100%the by the way)

OhYah84