FORD F-150 FUEL FILTER PROBLEM

1984 Ford F-150 • 109,447 miles

Truck been sitting for awhile but started at times, any ways I changed fuel filters I put by the rear tank, and by the fuel pump, trucks was running fine, started about once or twice a week well I drove it about 3 miles and it stalled, start up put in drive, give it gas it stall, start push gas real lite and would take off but then start hesitating, then stall. Can u please tell me why or what should I do. Email is : bc_aka_badco@yahoo. Com

MY 1ST GUESS WOULD BE THAT THE SOCK IN THE TANK AND/ OR THE FUEL FILTER HAS SUCKED UP SOME "GOO" AND IS NOW PARTIALLY OR FULLY STOPPED UP

THE EZist ATTEMPT TO SOLVE THIS WOULD BE TO "ASSUME" THE FUEL FILTER IS THE PROBLEM AND "JUST" REPLACE IT (FOR STARTERS)

IF IT WERE MINE, I'D ADD A CAN OF "SEAFOAM" TO THE FUEL TANK IN HOPES THAT THE "GOO" WOULD DISSOLVE. THIS WOULD ALSO HELP CLEAN YOUR CARBURETOR OR INJECTORS (I'M GUESSING IT'S A CARB)

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_motor-treatment-for-gas-and-diesel-engines-(16-fl-oz-)-sea-foam_6410004-p?searchTerm=seafoam

A FULLY TUNE-UP MIGHT ALSO BE IN ORDER AFTER BEING IDLE THAT LONG
......PLUGS/ DIST CAP/ WIRES
.....PCV
.....CHECK ALL HOSES......LARGE AND SMALL
.....INSPECT BRAKES.....S.UCK OUT AND REFILL THE MASTER CYLINDER....BLEED THE BRAKES.....CHECK OPERATION OF CALIPERS AND WHEEL CYLINDERS
.....FLUSH COOLING SYSTEM AND A NEW THERMOSTAT
....TRANNY FILTER AND JUICE (GUESSING IT'S AN AUTO)
....S.UCK OUT THE POWER STEERING RESERVOIR AND REFILL
....CHECK AND/ OR CHANGE DIFFERENTIAL JUICE
BASICALLY DO ALL OF YOUR FLUIDS!

LEMME KNOW IF THE FILTER WAS THE ISSUE----MANY TIMES I'LL HOOK AN OLD ONE IN THE VISE AND HACKSAW IT OPEN JUST TO SEE WHAT KINDA CRAP WAS IN THE TANK