MERCEDES BENZ 300D TURN SIGNALS PROBLEM

1983 Mercedes Benz 300d • 25,000 miles

I think I shorted something out when messing with my window switches. Windows work, but my turn signals don't now. Neither does the hazard light. (Console) Fuses are good--checked with a tester. But there's no clicking, no blinking. Nothing. Trying to trace the problem. My theory is that the hazard switch and the turn signals are connected, but I'm not so sure replacing the hazard switch will fix that. By the way, these are new switches--replaced them this year.

The driver side rear window didn't want to go up, so I was trying to "improvise"---ooops! (Maybe that was a bad idea---now no turn signals!) Need to get car inspected and new tags this month! (Nov) ugh. Please help if you can. Thank you!