HI,I'VE CHANGED THE HEAD GASKET, AND I HAVE STILL SOME WHITE SMOKE AND SOME LIQUID COMING OUT FROM THE EXHAUST PIPE. I DIDNT PUT ANY COOLANT NOW, AND YET THERE IS ALREADY SOME LIQUID AND SMOKE COMING OUT. IS THIS NORMAL? IS THIS THE REST FROM THE PREVIOUS

1982 Daihatsu Charade • 70,000 miles

I replaced the head gasket because there was a huge coolant leak and big white smoke coming out from the exhaust pipe. Now that I replaced the head gasket, took the cylinderhead to a shop who releveled the head, cleaned the cylinderblock very carefuly, and couldnt see any cracks on the head nor on the block, I can see some little white smoke coming out from the exhaust and some liquid druplets. Eventhough I didnt put any coolant in the system right before the first start after the job, I could already see some smoke. How come? Does coolant can still be present for example in the muffer? Does it take a lot of time to take that out of the system? Does that creates smoke?
DeloreanG10

Water could be still in the catalytic converter and the muffler-could be leaking at the intake manifold gasket-