ELECTICAL PROBLEM

1981 Toyota Corolla • 45,506 miles

1981 Toyota Corolla I have an toyota corolla changed the battery twice and has died both times. Took it up to autozone had them plug car in check alternator external voltage regulator. One of them is only pushing 10 volts when the car should have 12 volts through it. The alternator and external voltage regulator where replaced in november 2011 and the terminal ends on the battery where changed on 1 14 2012 I though it might just be a bad ground. I did jump the car today and unplug the battery the alternator kept on running. I also checked the external voltage regulator and there doesn't seem to be anything faulty about it no burn marks anywhere on it and all the wires seem good. The car does not start now unless jumped and when it does getting running all lights dim, if you step on the brake they dim more, turn hear on dim even more, and the car just feels like it wants to die. I don't know what else it could be? There is a sensor light on I don't know if it is affecting it. Thanks, Justin.
Jhig1ey92

-Take it back to autozone and have them do a regulator bypass test

And that will let me know if its a faulty alternator or voltage regulator correct. Because with the age of this car thats basically the whole electrical system

Jhig1ey92
This will tell the tale between the two