GMC TRUCK TERMINAL PROBLEM

1980 GMC Truck • 50,000 miles

Im looking to replace the dash cluster in my truck because its cracked, I have another one and know how to replace it but this one has a tach on it, I know I need to run the wires from the tach to the ditributors 12v and tach spot, but I do not know which wire goes where. Could anyone explain to me how I should do it?
Jessesandberg

The top piece is just screwed in, there are screws on top up by the windshield and there are many around the front portion. Look at the replacement and you will see where they are secured. Take your time and dont force anything.

Oh sorry, I was trying to ask how and where exactly do I connect the wires leading from the back of the tach to the distributor, its a stock dash cluster.

Jessesandberg
On the front of the distributor, there is a red wire that clips into the cap. Right next to it is another terminal that says tach on the top. Attach the wire there

So both wires from the tach go into the tach terminal And thats it? Or is the red wire involved at all?

Jessesandberg
No, one is a ground and one goes to the tach terminal. Are there any instructions with your tach?

Negative, my uncle gave me a whole new dash cluster for my truck because the old one was smashed, I just put the new one in and routed the wires for the tach in it and I was staring at them trying to figure out where they went exactly.

Jessesandberg