TRUCK WIL NOT START HOT.

1979 Ford F-150 • 200,000 miles

I have a 1979 F150 it starts fine but will not restart hot. The starter turn over and it sounds like it wants to start but will not. I usually run the battery down trying to start it. By the time I get a jump start it will start up.
Tebersole

Dump cold water on the ign box on fenderwell if it starts that is your problem. Also check the pickup coil in dist it shold have 400-800 ohms if to highreplace it.

Ok so the water did not change it and the pickup coil is around 500ohms, I have been told by one guy it sounds like a vapor lock issue is that possible?

Tebersole
I kind of doubt it that its' vapor lock but it's been along time, remove the fuel line and turn engine over with power disconnected to coil so it won't spark and see if you are gettingabout a half pint of fuel in 30 seconds. If not your fuelpump may be bad also check pressure it should be around 3.5 lbs.

HAVE YOU TRIED A 2 SECOND BURST OF STARTER FLUID DOWN THE CARB? (OR LET'S GUESS AT PLASTIC 2 SODA BOTTLE CAPFULS OF GAS)

DO THIS OUTSIDE. AWAY FROM YOUR HOUSE AND OTHER CARS.A SOAKING WET TOWEL (1ST LINE OF DEFENSE) AND A FIRE EXTINGUISHER ARE ALWAYS A MUST, WHEN DOING THIS KINDA THING

DOES IT START, OR AT LEAST DO SOMEWHAT BETTER IN ATTEMPTING TO BUST OFF?

well over 7000 answers provided

Ok so still having the issue here is what I have tried so far. I have replaced the starter solenoid, ignition control module, voltage regulator, all batter cables and replaced the coil with a high temp coil. I have also as a temporary test run a rubber fuel line with a clear fuel filter to the carb it is not hot definitely not boiling and getting gas. After replacing the ignition control module today I let it sit and warm up I guess it decided it was warm enough and now will not start, I have been told it could be the distributor or the pickup in the distributor going bad. Any ideas since I am running out of parts to replace. To Answer one of the questions starter fluid doesn't help it once it is hot. Thanks for your help.

Tebersole
Check the dist pickup coil it should have 400-800 ohms of resistance also check vacuum advance and pin inside distributor of rust or wear they do that. I see nothing gon the other suggestions about fuel with all the stuff you have replpaced i'd bet it's your pickup coil.