WHAT PARTS DO I NEED FOR REAR AXEL

1979 Chevrolet Malibu • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic •

Hi

my car is 1979 CHEVROLET malibu 200 engine
now I want to make an overhaul to my rear AXEL as it makes noise when I enter my car in to drive and so on.
the problem is that I don't know how can I find all the parts that I need for this overhaul as I can't find any diagram that will show all the parts that are in this unit and all the parts number that I need to order
so I am asking for you help if you can send me a list of all the parts numbers that I need to replace if I what to replace all the parts that are in this AXEL except for the external metal that hold all the parts.

Yours

Tamir
Tamirt

I have a few old manuals that I'll thumb through but this is not something that is easily found for me.

I would contact the dealer parts dept. With the vin and ask for a diagram.

You might be best to buy the unit rebuilt if it is indeed an axle problem.

Have you checked the fluid level and inspected for any metal shaving?

I am already running with this with a special moulickot fluid to help for the noise.
The problem is that I live in Israel and here you can't get any help from the local UMI dealer as they will only help if this is a new car for my car they don't have any parts so I order all the parts from the US for the rockauto. Com site
this is way I need your help last time I have ask one of you want to you local dealer and ask him so that you can give me an answer as I am ready to donate more money to you if you can help me with this, also I have one more open question that I still didn't get any answer for so it will be nice if you can look in to that also

Tamirt
Did you get problem resolved?

Docfixit