MY CAR SITS OUTSIDE AND HAVEN'T STARTED IT IN YEARS

1978 Mercedes Benz 300d • 60,000 miles

Put 60,000 miles on the new engine and then parked the car outside and let it set. I was hoping I could put $2000 into it and have a servicable, dependable car. My friends tell me to junk it? Your advice? Thanks
Eggsem

They are a great reliable car, but you'd be best to have a qualified mechanic give it a complete look over then get their advice as whether to put any money into it.

Jacksprat
LETS DISCUSS LOVING YOUR VEHICLE AND LIKING IT

SEE MY CONTRIBUTION TO THIS POST ON OCT 2

GOTTA LOVE YOUR RIG---IF YOU DON'T IT'S MERELY A HUNK OF METAL

I TOO, WILL THROW IN MY TWO CENTS, I AM AS OF YET, NOT CONSIDERED A FRIEND, JUST A UNBIASED OPINION!.......SELL CAR, GET A "REAL" JEEP...YOU WILL FINALLY, TRULY FALL IN LOVE WITH A VEHICLE!

YOU MUST FOLLOW YOUR HEART IN THESE SITUATIONS---MY FRIENDS TOLD ME I WAS A FOOL AND LAUGHED AT ME WHEN I BOUGHT "WILLY" FOR $100.....FRIENDS ARE NOW JEALOUS...I NOW HAVE TWO PAID FOR CLASSICS THAT I DRIVE DAILY ONE 35 YEARS YOUNG THE OTHER 65 YEARS YOUNG...EZ TO REPAIR...PLEASURE TO DRIVE.......FRIENDS ARE STUPID...DON'T LISTEN TO THEM!

IF YOU NOTICE MY NAME--AND LOOK AT NEARLY ANY QUESTION IN THE CJ 7 AND CJ 5 FORUMS IN HERE FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS YOU WILL SEE MY PASSION.....HERE'S JUST ONE EXAMPLE....MY PERSONAL MISSION STATEMENT AND THE REASON I BEGAN ANSWERING HERE WAS/IS TO HELP THE CJs TO MY FULLEST EXTENT

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1984-jeep-cherokee-cj7