MARK V TIRES AND WEIGHTS

1977 Lincoln Continental

Hello, I don't know if anyone can help me with this, my dad has a 1977 Lincoln Continental Mark V. He is trying to find compatible tires, he prefers whitewall, do you happen to know of a place he could order those from? He also needs to know the weight of the tireweights for each tire, how many are supposed to be on each tire, and the best place to get them. Thank you.
CarLuvR

You obviously haven't visited a tire and alignment store. They have hundreds of tire brands and models, and most come with whitewalls. For people who don't want whitewalls, it's simply a matter of turning them around on the wheels. To the mechanic mounting the tires on the wheels, that's referred to as "whitewalls in".

You don't buy weights for the wheel or tire. The person mounting the tires to the wheels will balance them on a computerized wheel spin balancer which determines how much weight to put on, where to put it, and on which side. You might find a half ounce on the inside of one wheel and two ounces on the outside. There's no way to know how much weight to add without that balancer.

Ok, thank you, we are aware of what you are saying. The reason I have asked these questions is because we have gone to several tire/alignment stores and none of them know the answer to either of these questions. Since we have the original mag rims, they expect us to tell them and we have tried many all over the city and still the same answers. As far as the whitewall, there aren't any at any of the reputable places here in the city either and they claim that they can't be ordered anymore. I have resorted to looking online and the companies we normally get them from "do not make them or supply them anymore" is what we are being told time and time again. So, I'm sorry if my questions sound ignorant, but we are not being helped anywhere else, so I turned to you.

CarLuvR
What size tires do you need?

With mag wheels, it is somewhat common to use "stick-on" weights on the back side of the wheels where they can't be seen, rather than the standard "pound-on" weights that go on the inner and outer edges.

One other note of interest, Ford used a lot of mag wheels with a really heavy locking lug nut. That one nut was so heavy it caused an out-of-balance condition. To counteract that, after the tires were balanced and installed on the car, you were to add another half ounce weight on the outer lip across from that lug nut.

Hello, how are you? My dad would like to have the P235/75R15 Whitewall. He really liked the Michelin but they told us that they no longer make these. : ( Thank you.

CarLuvR