FORD F-150 FLOOR PROBLEM

1977 Ford F-150 • 0.5L V8 4WD Automatic • 36,000 miles

I have a 351m c6 auto trans. When I I take off in my truck and try putting the pedal all the way to the floor and the rpms wont go up. Its fine in first gear and second but it just bogs way down in third. Ive checked for cacuum leaks and tchanged the modulator valce and that didnt help.
Hunting12

CHECK/ REPLACE YOUR FUEL FILTER

IT MAY HAVE A TEENY TINY ONE WHERE THE FUEL ENTERS THE CARB

IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE YOU MAY HAVE OTHER TUNE UP OR FUEL DELIVERY ISSUES

YOUR QUESTION SO MUCH REMINDED ME OF A 4 MILE TRIP ON THE INTERSTATE WITH MY DAD AND HIS '76 F-150/ 3-ON THE TREE/ 351 WINDSOR (A SHOT-CUT) ABOUT 8 YEARS AGO

SAME THING HAPPENED SUDDENLY

JUST TO GET BY (NOT RECOMMENDED) AND TO FINISH OUR OTHER THREE MILES AT A DECENT SPEED IN INTERSTATE TRAFFIC.I SNATCHED THE RUBBER LINE OFF AT THE CARB FILTER AND POKED THRU IT WITH A WIRE OR NAIL OR SOMETHING! (LET THE CRAP ENTER THE CARB) I WAS ABLE TO GET A NEW FILTER WITHIN 10 MILES

I INHERITED THE TRUCK IN 2009---IT'S STILL AT MAMA'S HOUSE, I TRY TO DRIVE IT AROUND THE YARD EVERY MONTH OR TWO, TILL I CAN "SUPPORT" IT. THE "POSSIBLE" CRAP AIN'T STOPPED IT YET!

KEEP US POSTED

You have a mechanical fuel pump. Check to make sure it is producing pressure and proper volume.