OVERHEATED THE DAY SO I TURNED OFF THE ENGINE

1976 GMC Other • 175,000 miles

My 1976 stepside gmc seirra grande 15 overheated the other day so I turned off the engine and coolant started spraying everywhere and my rad cap was need some advice or tips please.
Dfisher45

My 1976 stepside gmc seirra grande 15 overheated the other day so I turned off the engine and coolant started spraying everywhere and my rad cap was gone. So after I had filled my rad back up and got a new cap I try and start it and now it wont even turn over, I dont even get a click. I have all my power and my headlights do not dim when I attempt to start. I took my starter and solenoid out and had them testes and they were bad so I bought new starter and solenoid and put it in today. Still not even getting one click or crank. So I just change my ignition switch and still nothing! Any ideas? Btw its a 4 barreled 350 ci engine 1/2 ton 4wdg

Dfisher45
Check/Test the park and neutral safety switch-if okay check engine if its seized

I will check my park/neutral safety switch. I have been able to turn my engine over by hand that is why I think its not seized

Dfisher45
Make sure that you have wired the new solinoid up correctly, it may be a s simple as that.

Mhpautos