TRANSMISSION WILL NOT SHIFT TO MOVE CAR?

1976 Chevrolet Caprice • 140,000 miles

Car starts, Gear lever will move but car will not go into reverse or drive. I think it may have something to do with my throttle body cable I am thinking something came unpluged
Cliffordahilljr4

Check your fluid first. Even if the throttle cable is unplugged or disconneced it should still go forward and back. If it doesn't then you could have a clutch/seal problem

Fluid is full and clean. Would my vacume hoses have something to do with it?

Cliffordahilljr4
If it's a 350 yes but they also put 200 thm in them the 200 has avery small pan. The 350 shold have a vacuum modulator on the right hand side with the line going to it. But it should still go into reverse andforward sounds like you need to go to trans shop

Yes its a 350T, it has the vaccuum modulator on the right with a hose connecting to my intake manifold. What about a box on the drivers side of the engine compartment above the wheel well that says hold/enguage?

Cliffordahilljr4
I can't remember that far baack on what that does. You'll have to try it. I can't ever remember seeing one.

Ok thanks for your help

Cliffordahilljr4