CHEVY TEMP GAUGE

1974 Chevrolet Truck • 67,000 miles

I have a 1974 stepside chevy I just bought with a fresh rebuild on a 350, and my temp gauge isn't working, any ideas on how to troubleshoot the issues,
Jgaythwaite

Take the wire connector loose from the temp sending unit on the engine. Key on, any voltage on that wire? Usually the sending unit controls resistance to ground. If you touch that one wire to ground, key on, the gage should move, don't peg it or use a resistor.

I haven't found a wiring diagram on that, yet. Not sure of sending unit location?

If the gauge does move, what would need replaced? The sending unit? And if it doesn't move would the gauge need replaced?

Jgaythwaite
See if you have a flashing light at the sender. Use a test light for this. If you do then your sender isn't correct or it has silicone on the threads and not letting it complete the circuit.