100000

1974 BMW 2002 • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 100,000 miles

I have a 1974 bmw 2002tii, the speedo works but the odometer
only works now and then.
Peter david

I am thinking that this will be a problem in the speedo head I would consider taking it to your dealer for a final diagnosis.

Mhpautos
Call Carl Nelson @ (858)488-1555 He has a large stockpile of 2002 parts and is a resource for the old BMW cars.

Dr. Hagerty
I have to say I am abit disappointed at the answers I have gotten here.
I am paying for advice on how to fix my problem not getting a dealer to
charge me for what I know already, plus you send me a part supplier but
I havent any idea what part is even needed. Gheeeeeez

Peter david
I dont know what part you need either, but I will bet Carl does. Why dont you try my suggestion first before filing a complaint.

Dr. Hagerty
I will try contacting Carl, and thanks for your input. No where did I say I would be filing a complaint.

Peter david
I made up that story.

Dr. Hagerty
Frankly I was hoping one of you on this list would be able to explain how the speedo works but not the odometer. Dont they use the same cable and gears? Lol which story
were you making up? About Carl, about his having parts or filing a complaint?

Peter david
The drive for the odometer is a cable from the transmission and it may require some expertise in the realm of German instrumentation to have the Speedo and Odo work as a unit instead of intermittently. The Odometer is geared off the Speedometer and there may be something gummed up or? Carl has seen it all, he will know.

Dr. Hagerty
Did the car get fixed?

Dr. Hagerty