I WAS WONDERING DO I NEED TO REPLACE OIL LEAK OR DO I HAVE BAD OIL PUMP?

1972 Dodge Dart • 177,777 miles

I have a 72 Dodge Dart 318 that have a oil leak. It looks to be coming from the top back of the motor because I see a run down the engine falling on headers, and there is wet oil on the top back of the intake manifold. So my question is could this be an header problem or could oil be coming from intake manifold. Also when I check oil it shows full even though I know I have lost oil. When I start car it is at about 50psi (oil), and as it run it drops lower and lower until the car basically wants to shut off. If Im driving car is fine, but when I pull up to light and it idles the car wants to shut off. If I continue to give gas the car would continue to run. Also if I put the car in park the pressure goes up, and the car continue to run. Although I know I need to get leak fix. Could this be an oil pump issue? Or something else.

Thank you,
Marco
Polopolo

Check the oil pressure switch. It is on the back of the intake manifold.
The intake could be leaking but there is no pressure at that point, just splash.

Could changing the oil pressure switch actually fix the problem. Or is it use to just send a signal of what the pressure is?

Polopolo
I believe what it sounds like you are saying is that the leak is coming from my oil pressure switch and that it needs to be replace. There is a little piece in the back with a wiring coming from it that has oil caked around it. Is that what you meant?

Thank you

Polopolo
Sounds right. It has an electrical connection and is screwed into the block. It is either a 15/16 or 1 inch socket.