CARBURETOR

1972 Chevrolet Chevelle • V8 2WD Automatic • 500 miles

I recently replaced the Edlebrock Performer intake manifold on my 350 chevy engine with a dual plane airgap intake.

My carb is a 650 Rochester with electric choke and was performing fine before the intake change.
Now it starts and idles fine butstumbles/hesitates on acceleration. If I stomp the gas pedal to the floor when starting off, the engine knocks off, completely dies. It acts like too much fuel was dumped in the carb. Starts right back up though and it's not flooded.

The accelerator pump appears to be working fine and I can't detect any vacuum leaks. It has new plugs and wires. If it runs fine at idle and at speed, could an air leak anywhere cause an engine to completely die? Any help would sure be appreciated.
thanks,
Johnny

Johnny0505

I would double check the fit of the base gasket. It sounds like you may have a major vacuum leak at the carb base.

Wrenchtech