SUZUKI OTHER SPARK PROBLEM

1971 Suzuki Other

Hello, I have a Suzuki RV125 motorbike that just won't start. I put a new spark plug in it yesterday and it ran fine for yesterday and today but I was riding today and it just was like blup blup blup buuuuuuuurgh and now won't start.

Anakin9595

Check spark and fuel supply. That's an oldy! Has it got points?

Fixitmr
Maybe you fouled the plug?

ALREADY. By golly maybe!

Fixitmr
I've been standing outside my house for the last hour with a sign haha, but a guy stopped and said the plug was fouled and sand the bottom with sand paper. So I did and still nothing. What do you mean by points?

Anakin9595
See if a nice blue spark jumps the gap of the plug while holding the plug against the head with the plug in the plug boot while kicking the engine over?Points where used to cause the coil to. Spark by causing a pulsed voltage to to the coil. Then as time went on they used electronic ignition.

I might just take it to a mechanics shop tomorrow as its getting dark where I live, thanks for all the help guys : -)

Anakin9595
Just to add, you SANDBLAST plugs to clean them! The white porcelain behind the electrode tip has to be clean and dry to prevent spark grounding out instead of jumping gap! And is that a 2 stroke engine? They dont have breaker points!

Fixitmr
Yeah, it's 2 stroke

Anakin9595
You can tell its a two stroke from the pic he posted. Also I would check for spark first.

Yah I didn't think to clik on pic I was in a hurry. But the profile seemed 2 stroke. If it has auto oiling seperate oil tank that could be messin up too.

Fixitmr