71 CAM PROBLEM

1971 Holden HQ • 6 cylinder 2WD •

Sir; I have have a 71 hq holden that we have put a vk holden carby engine that has been going well, now my trouble is, after an engine freshen up and cam change [crow cam part no.35626, mechanical/solid type profile] the thing won't start. It turns over ok, tapet adjustments ok, fuel ok, carbys ok cam and crank timeing marks set right [dot to dot] but I feel its somthing to do with the ignition timeing. I've been setting no/1 cylinder on t.D.S and dropping in the dissy also set at no/1 spark plug yet it's a no go; I believe it is to do with the way im maybe setting the crank timeing marks wrong nothing else has changed, and nothing is hitting or binding.[More cam detiles; inlet opens.32 b.T.D.C closes.66 dur.278. Exhaust opens.72 b.B.D.C b.B.D.S closes.30 dur.282. Inlet lobe lift at t.D.C on overlap.085; what am I doing wrong please. Hal
Loriphillip7

Are you sure you are setting no1 to TDC not no6? Get cam and crank timing marks set. Get no6 valves rocking to be firing no1. Set distributer after this

Pgrtruck
Did ya get it? Was pgrtruck correct?

Fixitmr
Dear fixitmr.I just sent an update because this reply window wasn't showing till now. Hopefully you will see it printed under the question : ) cheers

Loriphillip7