BRAKE SYSTEM

1967 Ford Mustang • V8 2WD Automatic • 137,000 miles

Good Morning, My question is concerning the brake system. The car has manual brakes, drums in back/4 pistion disks up front. I'm looking at plumbing the brakes and my idea is to come off the back bowl and run a line to a proportioning valve (mounting it in the engine compartment for easy adjustment) and then run a line out of that back of the valve to the rear axle, install a tee, and run lines to each drum. For the front brakes I'm looking to come off the front bowl and run a line into a tee fitting and run lines to each disk. Does this sound right, or do I have to have some other type of something in the system to ensure proper fluid travel/distribution/braking? BTW, I'm not interested in a low brake pressure warning light of any type. Thanks.
Spitfire061

On your model with the stock system it doesn't have a low brake pressure warning. Your original proportioning valve will only put hte light on to tell you there has been a failure on one side of the system. It sounds about right for what you are doing, but if I remember correctly there is also a metering vlaveprior to the calipers. Just make sure you use the correct master cylinder as there is a pressure valve for the rear brakes. Run the brake lines from the master to the proportioningvalve correctly as well. In the master cylinder one side is for front and other for rear. The drum brake has a small valve that NEEDS to be there as drum brakes ahave pressure on them all the time so they will work correctly. So don't go by bowl frontor rear. You have to find the bowl that has a check valve init.