FIRING

1967 Chevrolet Nova • V8 2WD Automatic • 999,999,999 miles

Hello, I have a 1967 chevy nova it's had a 350 ci. Sbc installed and I'm having an on going problem thats getting the best of me. Here it goes, some days it will crank and run perfect others it may not crank(the engine is turning over)some days it will fire up, run for a few seconds or miniutes and die as if you switched the ignition to the off position. It has a mallory unilite distributer, msd box and a external coil. If you got any ideas please help. Thanks
Chadgee333

Firing order is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 #1 is at about 11: 30with 12: 00 beingthe very front of the car. Check your coil wire to see if is bad. If it has more than 5000 ohms per footthen it is. Make sure all your wires going to the dist primary side and coil are in good shape. It could be your msd box as well if you have instructions go back over them to make sure it is installed correctly. You might find troubleshooting things on line for both of these.