OIL FILTER

1965 Chevrolet Impala • V8 Automatic •

My 65 Impala 283 has what I have been calling a second oil filter. It is located not under the car but on top to the left of the motor. I heard that it was once called a toilet paper filter or even an oil bypass system. My question is where do I go to find a replacement filter. As of rght now no auto store has it or even know what I am talking about.
Cevans

Eliminate the 2nd filter and just put on the OEM part oil filter

How do I do that? There are hoses running to this thing? Also did you see my earlier posts?

Cevans
Remove the adapter from the engine block where the original oil filter suppose to be at and screw in the new one-all you have here is a remote oil filter

So I should ask for a "one all remote oil filter" at my local part store?

Cevans
If your not a mechanic then take it to a mechanic and ask him to get rid of it and make it OEM again. Then you can go back to the original filter sytem which is fine. That thing is probably just a gimmick anyway.

Fixitmr
Roger that, this is the original motor so this may be an original set up. The car is currently a 2 carb, if I wanted to change over to 4 I would need to upgrade the manifold. Could I do that with no issues on this 283?

Cevans
If you get the right manifold you'd be ok.

Fixitmr