ECM NEEDS REPLACED

Nissan 300ZX

My neighborhood car mechanic tells me I need a new computer for my 85 Nissan 300ZX. I found one that works from a junkyard. I also made sure it is a match as far as specs go. Beyond that is it just a matter of switching out the wires? Are there any special resets or any other thing I need to worry about? Is this a five minute do it myself job or something I should leave up to a mechanic?
Also, pricing on used ECM's for this car sits at about 100$. Does that sound about right or am I getting ripped off?
My300zisabeauty

I found one that works from a junkyard. You haven't install it, how can you tell it works-watch yourself its electronics non refundable when you leave the bone yard.

For $100.00 that's good enough for me if it works. All you have to do is carefully remove the wire connector on the ECM and make sure you have a good connections to it.

Might have to go into a relearning process.

I have a similar situation, but I found a few computers on line. My question is do the part #'s need to match exactly? The computer I pulled out of my 1986 300ZX is A18-653 M27 and I found one on line that reads A18-650 M24. Do the numbers need to match exactly?

JoeB