94 Acura Legend Burning Oil

Tiny
IVERSON
  • 1994 ACURA LEGEND
I have a 1994 Acura Legend GS Type 2 Engine. Its now burning oil. It has 184k miles on it, but it runs like new. I dont want to get rid of it, so I need to know whats the procedure including all parts to get this fixed, and roughly what is the cost of labor. Thanks in advance.
Do you
have the same problem?
Yes
No
Sunday, April 2nd, 2006 AT 12:16 PM

1 Reply

Tiny
LOSONE
  • MECHANIC
  • 1,616 POSTS
Those engines are put together like a million dollar watch. They cannot be rebuilt to run like a new engine.

You could do a poor mans rebuild with ring and valve job but I am afraid you won't be able to size the rings as described below.

Wth that many miles the will be cyl wear and well as crankshft and valve wear. The engine is so precise that the rings are color coded for size on each picton as they are differet sizes for engine balance. Just a few mm but different. The rings are color coded for size and after that many miles the colors are long gone.

In Japan they have such strict emission codes that engines are changed around 30K miles. These engines are imported and sold at Salvage yards.I suggest looking into that angle. I don't know your living area but they probably have a foreign car salvage yard.

I have purchased several at Biloxi Auto Salvage in Biloxi, Ms They will ship; a call to 228-392-4980 might be in order.

Let me know
Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
Sunday, April 2nd, 2006 AT 1:39 PM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Sponsored links